25 May A healthier alternative cupcake with Flavour Powders
Why you should use our Flavour Powders for low calorie snack recipes
- Available in 3 delicious flavours
- High fibre
- Easy to mix
- Suitable for vegetarians (Mango & Passionfruit are suitable for vegans)
Healthier alternative cupcakes using Naturecan Flavour Powders
Low calorie snack recipes just got a glow up. Combining our delicious White Chocolate and Coconut Flavour Powder with classic cupcakes is the perfect low-calorie snack you need!
Ingredients (150 kcal per cupcake):
- 60g unsalted butter
- 60g self-raising flour
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g unsalted butter
- 70g powdered sugar
- 1 scoop of white choc and coconut flavour powder
Step by step instructions:
1. Whisk sponge ingredients together until a smooth batter is formed.
2. Separate the batter evenly into your tray lined with cupcake liners. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
3. While your sponge bakes, whisk together your buttercream ingredients until thick and silky. Leave cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes before icing with a piping bag.
That’s it. Simple and healthy cupcakes, just for you. Feel free to decorate with chocolate sprinkles, chopped fruit or whatever you fancy!
If you are a true chocoholic, switch out our white choc and coconut flavour powder for our chocolate flavour powder for delicious and healthy chocolate cupcakes.
How to make the best cupcakes?
Make sure your butter is softened at room temperature (it should feel soft to the touch), along with beating the butter and sugar for at least three minutes.
Furthermore, make sure to not over-bake your batter and allow the full 30 minutes of cool time. This will ensure your buttercream doesn’t melt once piped onto the healthy cupcakes.
How to ice cupcakes?
Make sure you get yourself a piping bag, put a curved star nozzle into the bag, fill it with your delicious homemade icing and twist the end.
Hold the end with one hand (usually your dominant hand) and rest the tip of the bag in your other hand. Squeeze from the top of the bag with an even pressure.
To make instagrammable icing swirls, hold the bag above your cupcake. Pipe a ring of icing around the edge and continue to overlap until you reach the centre. Release your pressure when you reach the centre and draw up sharply to finish.
It’s as simple as that, all you need is practice and you will be an expert in no time!
How long do cupcakes last?
Freshly baked healthy cupcakes should keep well for about one week in your fridge when appropriately stored.
When refrigerating, cover with plastic wrap or foil to prevent cupcakes from drying out, keeping them lovely and moist.
Discover our bestsellers
- Clear Whey Protein: The summer protein drink you need - June 24, 2022
- Why are EAAs good? The supplement you need - May 31, 2022
- A healthier alternative cupcake with Flavour Powders - May 25, 2022